Air Antilles will increase its service to Antigua and Barbuda from December.
The Guadeloupean airline will introduce a twice-weekly service on Monday and Friday from Barbados and St Lucia.
The inaugural flights take place on December 17 with a non-stop service between the V C Bird International Airport and Grantley Adams International Airport. The other flight stops once in St Lucia before heading to Antigua.
Air Antilles will also launch a direct non-stop service that take on Wednesday and Sunday, to Antigua from St Maarten, with a connection to Guadeloupe.
One-stop services from Aruba and Curacao service are also on the cards.
Antigua and Barbuda’s Minister of Tourism, The Honourable Charles Fernandez said: “As demand for travel returns, Antigua and Barbuda is re-establishing itself as the heartbeat of the Caribbean. The connectivity afforded by the integration of another regional carrier into our network, represents an opportunity for us to augment regional travel, and enables us to continue our move towards increasing arrivals from the wider Caribbean market.”
Marketing Consultant for the Caribbean Region, Charmaine Spencer said: “This welcome boost in airlift will benefit Antigua and Barbuda, by providing increased connectivity to the region, and strengthening the country’s strategic positioning as a major hub in the Northern English-speaking Caribbean.”
“The addition of this service has been highly anticipated since Antigua is a vital gateway to fulfilling Air Antilles’ commitment to providing key airlift across the English-speaking Caribbean. We are thrilled to be flying into the destination and look forward to servicing Antigua and Barbuda and travellers to Antigua for the long haul,” noted Romain Hordel, Commercial Director of Air Antilles.
The airline will operate the following flight schedule to and from Antigua’s V.C Bird International Airport:
• From Pointe-à-Pitre: Wednesday and Sunday via Sint Maarten SXM
• From Fort-de-France: Wednesday and Sunday via SXM/Pointe-à-Pitre
• From Barbados: Monday, Friday direct flight
• From Sint Maarten SXM: Wednesday and Sunday direct flight
• From Dominica: Monday, Friday via Barbados/St Lucia – Wednesday via Sint Maarten SXM
• From St Lucia: Monday, Friday via Barbados
• To Pointe-à-Pitre: (Guadeloupe): Monday, Wednesday, and Friday via Sint Maarten SXM
• To Fort-de-France: (Martinique): Monday and Friday via Pointe-à-Pitre/ Sint Maarten SXM
• To Barbados: Wednesday and Sunday direct flight
• To Sint Maarten SXM: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday direct flight
• To Dominica: Wednesday and Sunday via St-Lucia / Barbados
• To St Lucia: Wednesday and Sunday via Barbados